Doctor's Best Betaine HCI Pepsin & Gentian Bitters, Digestive Enzymes for Protein Breakdown & Absorption, Non-GMO, Gluten Free
Brand: Doctor's Best
- BETAINE HCL/PEPSIN/GENTIAN BITTERS contains three nutritional factors that perform complementary functions designed to support the efficiency of the digestive process. Supplementing with Betaine HCl helps support the stomach’s digestive capacity. Pepsin is an enzyme produced by the body to digest protein-containing foods in the stomach.
- PEPSIN works in conjunction with stomach acid to support protein digestion. Gentian is an herb used to optimize the digestive capacity and tonify the digestive tract. Its bitter nature may help to stimulate the body's production of digestive enzymes.
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY PH LEVELS Betaine hydrochloride supports the microbial balance and helps maintain healthy pH levels in the stomach and small intestine. Gentian is a bitter herb that helps support normal production of stomach acid.
- SUPPORTS DIGESTION Betaine HCL and Pepsin work together to break down food and help prevent occasional gas and bloating when taken before a meal.
- GETTING THE RIGHT BALANCE of flora - Betaine HCl/Pepsin/Gentian Bitters use helps maintain proper digestive function and overall health.
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.
Details: Betaine hcl is a form of hcl used as a nutrient to supplement the stomach's own production of hcl, or stomach acid. While occasional indigestion may be a result of acid irritating tissue in the structure above the stomach known as the esophagus, a line of research suggests that the cause of this irritation may actually be less than optimal stomach acid production. Stomach acid is normally produced by the parietal cells of the stomach and the function of stomach acid is to break down food that enters the stomach into smaller fragments and nutrient components. These components move through the stomach into the small intestine where they are further broken down by digestive enzymes in the upper part of the small intestine. Individual nutrients that result from the digestion of proteins, fats and carbohydrates can then be absorbed and assimilated by the body and used for metabolism and growth.
Package Dimensions: 6.7 x 3.5 x 3.4 inches
Binding: Health and Beauty