Doctor's Best 5-HTP, Promotes Healthy Sleep, Mood Support, Calm & Relaxation, Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, 100 Mg
Brand: Doctor's Best
- DOCTOR’S BEST 5-HTP (5-HYDROXY L-TRYPTOPHAN) - contains 5-HTP, a naturally occurring metabolite of the amino acid tryptophan. 5-HTP is extracted from the seeds of the Griffonia simplicifolia plant. 5-HTP is converted in the brain to serotonin, a neurotransmitter substance found at the junctions (synapses) between neurons.* 5-HTP provides a drug-free support for sleep, mood and stress.*
- BENEFITS - 5-HTP aids serotonin production; Serotonin is the chemical neurotransmitter produced in the brain that helps regulate sleep, body temperature, sexual desire, mood and appetite.* Synthesis of serotonin in the brain requires an adequate supply of either tryptophan or 5-HTP as precursors in the central nervous system.*
- MOOD & SLEEP SUPPORT - 5-HTP serotonin produces in the body a calming and relaxing effect providing support to help maintain mental, emotional well-being, and to help promote healthy sleep.*
- PROMOTES RELAXATION – 5-HTP is a drug-free way to promote a calm and relaxed mood by enabling the body’s synthesis of serotonin, the chemical messenger that greatly helps in enhancing mood.
- CONTROL APPETITE – use of 5-HTP helps promote feeling of fullness and the suppression of hunger and supports healthy eating patterns and stress-induced eating.*
- PROMOTES BETTER SLEEP – 5-HTP is naturally occurring plant-derived amino acid that aids the body’s production of serotonin. Serotonin relaxes your mind and body and allows you to get a better night’s sleep.
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.
Details: 5-Htp functions as the precursor for serotonin, a monoamine neurotransmitter found in the central nervous system (CNS) and some cells of the digestive tract. In the body, 5-HTP is formed by the addition of a hydroxyl group (-Oh) to tryptophan, a reaction catalyzed by the enzyme tryptophan hydroxylase. This enzyme can be hindered by stress and conditions such as Vitamin B6 deficiency, which is one reason B6 is included in this formula. Additionally, Pyridoxal phosphate (vitamin B6) is necessary for 5-HTP to be converted to serotonin. Vitamin C participates in the conversion of tryptophan to 5-HTP and of Tyrosine to norepinephrine, another important neurotransmitter.in contrast to tryptophan, orally consumed 5-HTP is readily absorbed by the mucosal cells of the gastrointestinal tract, with up to 70% Then appearing in the bloodstream. The implications of possibly altering serotonin in this manner are significant: serotonergic neurons (nerve cells stimulated by serotonin) regulate sleep, appetite, nociception (the perception of pain), and aggressive behavior.
Package Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.4 x 2.4 inches
Binding: Health and Beauty